join us in practicing self care, social distancing, and community outreach
We’re all operating under unique circumstances during this strange time for the entire world and we want to keep the lines of communication open. This isn’t a normal kind of post for us, but this also isn’t a normal type of situation. The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is on everyone’s mind and we want you to know we’re here for you - we want to hear from you. If you feel nervous or have any sort of anxiety about the situation please don’t hesitate to reach out. The name amika means friend in the language Esperanto and is a symbol of our belief in the power of community.
we’re a friend to all: hair, hair stylists, to her, him, you and them.
It is incredibly important to us that YOU take care of yourself and that WE, as a COMMUNITY, take care of one another. During this time, we know it can be really hard to feel uplifted and positive with constant news and rumors swirling, events being canceled and retailers, schools and others shutting their doors. We will continue to publish content here and on our social media accounts as usual to make things as normal as possible.
Leave a comment, send us an email, a DM, or whatever. We are here to talk whenever.
If you need to re-up on any amika, you will still be able to order through loveamika.com at this time, and we are offering free shipping on all orders (no threshold) on us. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated. Our warehouse team has taken extra safety precautions and cleanliness measures the last few weeks and will continue to do so, following in line with the CDC recommendations.
We want to give you some tips from our HQ team as we transition into working from home and practicing social distancing:
support your community
If you are able to, please continue to help support small businesses in your communities.
- order food from small restaurants online or over the phone
- shop small businesses and boutiques on social media or on their website
- buy a gift card for a service with your favorite local salon or stylist to use at a later date
- donate online to your favorite charity
There are many who are already feeling the financial and social impacts and now, more than ever, it is important we continue to support our communities, our friends and families, and each other.
Do you anyone you can think of that might need an extra hand during this time?
- Check in on elderly neighbors and offer help pick up groceries, medication, or whatever they may need.
- Give neighbors, friends, family members a call- we’re all feeling a little lonelier these days.
- Many schools have been closing meaning children are at home while parents might still need to work- can you help with childcare in any way?
- Immunocompromised individuals should be taking the highest precaution- do you know of a dog that needs walking? Bonus- puppy hang time can reduce stress and will certainly brighten your day!
Being there for someone else is really what this time is all about, but remember to still practice social distancing and follow the CDC guidelines on ways to help protect yourself and help stop the spread.
Spend time practicing self care. This is different for everyone, but here are some ideas:
- Take a bath and maybe even light a candle
- Meditate or practice deep breathing exercises
- Exercise at home or stretch
- Cook and share a meal with your family & friends through video chat
- Make a vision board- use this extra time to think about your bright future
- Spring clean and create a space you actually want to spend more time in- finally go through those closets! Be sure to donate your past treasures to those in need
- Create a schedule for yourself (and your kids) to try to maintain a sense of normalcy
tackle your to-do list
Do the things you’ve been putting off or meaning to check off of your to-do list.
- Go through your wardrobe
- Create a bag/pile that can be donated to those in need
- Deep clean makeup brushes
- Organize makeup/toss out expired products
- Deep clean apartment/house
add some laughter + fun
- Shelter a foster pet!
- Finish a puzzle
- Read that book you never finished
- Facetime friends to check in
- Plan digital happy hours
- Check in on neighbors and host a digital game night
- Paint, draw or make a hand-made gift for someone
- Write a letter, email, send a card or ecard
From the entire amika team, we wish you safety, health and peace. These are trying times for the entire world, but now is our time to come together and show what we’re really made of.