NYFW 2019 Christopher John Rogers x amika
This multi-textured updo was inspired by mid-century Southern debutantes at a Cotillion Ball. The hair is very structured and sculpted but with a touch of airiness. For Christopher John Rogers Fall 2019
Get the look
by Naeemah LaFond, global artistic director for amika
- Smooth hair into a sleek ponytail using heist molding blend
- Twist loose hair into a small bun, and apply headstrong intense hold hairspray
- Pin and secure an extension braid onto the natural bun and wrap the braid around to cover. Secure with pins
- Continue to wrap hair extensions around the bun and secure as you go
- Take hair in sections and spray with headstrong intense hold hairspray then use the high tide deep waver, high tide deep waver (available on Sephora.com and coming soon to loveamika.com!), mighty mini styler, and the chameleon 5 barrel interchangeable curling kit to create a mix of curled, crimped and waved pieces.
- Once complete, gently comb through sections to break them up for added airiness and lightly spray with un.done volume and matte texture spray.
- Finish with headstrong intense hold hairspray.