how to create beach waves with a straightener
Hi friends! This was a HIGHLY requested video from us to create during this social distancing period, and we have delivered! Well, our Lead Pro Trainer, Tiffany, is really the one that delivered. Smash the play button on the video above to learn her technique for beachy waves with a flat iron, courtesy of our illuminati diamond styler. Need us to break it down? We got you.
step by step
- use the shield anti-humidity spray on dry hair to protect from heat & ensure your style lasts longer
- take styler of your choice (we actually are having a HUGE sale on tools right now, click here to browse) using 1 inch sections starting from the bottom & working your way up the head
- take section of hair with styler cord face upward & rotate 180 degrees & start to drag down the hair
- after waves are completely take un.done volume + matte texture spray & spray throughout the hair for loads of volume & a relaxed curl/ wave with texture
- use fluxus touchable hairspray to frame the “money pieces” of your front hairline
need to replace your current flat iron?
Right now we are having a major flash sale! We know this is a very hard time for everyone, and we wanted to do what we could to provide some sort of pick-me-up. It may be small, but we wanted to start somewhere!
Select tools and haircare are now 40% off! Head to this page and start browsing!
the amika team's fave stylers
By Becca King, community manager