how to deeply moisturize your curls, coils + kinks
Welcome to our curly hair routine series!
Textured hair needs 4 main things to thrive: styling, strengthening, plenty of hydration, and scalp-care. We've curated 4 hair routines that are sure to give your strands a healthy dose of TLC and get you ready for hot curl summer (see what we did there?).
There’s a reason this last curly hair routine has so many people talking. The LOC method (aka. the Leave-in, Oil, Cream method) provides some much-needed moisture to parched curls, coils, and kinks. Keep scrolling for the 411.
- why is the LOC method a key routine for curls, coils, and kinks?
- what is the LOC method?
- LOC method products you'll need:
- the routine
why is the LOC method a key routine for curls, coils, and kinks?
Curls, coils, and kinks tend to be drier because scalp oils can’t easily travel down textured hair. Especially now that summer has wreaked havoc on hair (shout out to heat, UV rays, salt water, and chlorine), the LOC method has never been needed more.
what is the LOC method?
The LOC method is a styling technique used to hydrate hair and seal in moisture for bouncy, defined, healthy-looking curls and coils! Our newest curl fam member, power hour refreshing spray, is the perfect addition to this method to help rehydrate hair in between wash days.
LOC method products you'll need:
- hydro rush intense moisture leave-in conditioner: this leave-in conditioner drenches hair in hydration while helping to detangle and reduce frizz.
- water sign hydrating hair oil: this silicone-free oil hydrates hair while instantly reducing frizz* and breakage* while boosting shine.
- curl corps defining cream: a hair styling cream that moisturizes, softens, and enhances curls.
- power hour curl refreshing spray: the newest member of the curl fam, power hour instantly revives, redefines, and rehydrates curls.
- L is for leave in conditioner: start with hydro rush intense moisture leave-in conditioner to hydrate curls.
- O is for oil: apply water sign hydrating hair oil to nourish strands while reducing frizz.
- C is for cream: finish with curl corps defining cream to close the hair shaft and define curls. Diffuse or let air dry.
- Between wash days, spritz power hour curl refreshing spray through dry hair to instantly revive and rehydrate curls.
Let us know in the comments which curly hair routine works best for you!